Nicholls to hold public interviews of dean finalists
The public is invited to attend the final interviews of the two remaining candidates for Nicholls State University's Dean of the College of Arts and Sciences.
The interview for Abbey Zink, interim dean of the School of Arts and Sciences at Western Connecticut State University, is scheduled for 2:15 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. Monday in Gouaux Auditorium.
The interview for John Doucet, interim dean of the College of Arts and Sciences at Nicholls, is scheduled for 2 p.m. to 3:15 p.m. next Wednesday, also in Gouaux Auditorium.
Public interviews of these finalists are required by the Louisiana Board of Regents.
Application deadline extended for Louisiana Girls Leadership Academy at Nicholls
The deadline for high-achieving girls entering grades nine through 11 in the 2012-13 school year to apply for admission to the Louisiana Girls Leadership Academy at Nicholls State University has been extended to March 16.
Sponsored by the Louisiana Center for Women and Government, headquartered at Nicholls, the academy is slated for June 10 through June 13.
Participants are competitively selected by a committee of the Louisiana Center for Women and Government. The $75 application fee will be refunded if the applicant is not chosen to attend. For applicants chosen to attend, no other fees are required.
Additional details, including registration procedures and links, are available at www.nicholls.edu/continuing-ed/youthprograms/lgla/ and www.nicholls.edu/lcwg/louisiana-girls-leadership-academ/.
Nicholls Players to bring Shakespeare classic into 21st century
The Nicholls Players will offer four public performances of William Shakespeare's "Romeo and Juliet" in mid-March.
Edited and adapted by David Hundsness and directed by faculty member Daniel Ruiz, the production will offer a modern interpretation of Shakespeare's story.
Managed by the Department of Mass Communication, the show will be held on campus in the Talbot Theater. Productions are slated for 7:30 p.m. March 15, 16 and 17, and at 3 p.m. March 18.
Tickets are $10 for general admission and $5 for students with a valid Nicholls ID. Tickets will be available an hour before the show in the lobby of Talbot Hall, or via reservation, beginning March 14, by calling (985) 448-4586. Advance discount rates will be available for groups of 10 or more.
For additional information, call Ruiz at (985) 448-4071.
Nicholls Financial Aid Night set for March 14
College-bound students and their parents are invited to Financial Aid Night slated for 6 p.m. March 14 in Peltier Auditorium.
Attendees will learn how to complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and receive information on the different types of financial aid available–including an overview of Louisiana's Taylor Opportunity Program for Students (TOPS). Financial aid worksheets will be available at the program.
The event is free and open to all college-bound students and their parents. For additional information, including registration details, go to www.nicholls.edu/finaid/fanigh.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
Recent The Nicholls Worth News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR THE NICHOLLS WORTH NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST THE NICHOLLS WORTH NEWS
- Supreme Court decision sets precedent for health care fight
- University looking for funds for Babington repairs
- Recent bill opens possibility of guns on college campuses
- Health care for veterans needs a dramatic overhaul
- Off-campus drinking hard for university to police
- Elizabeth Smart speaks at Louisiana Girls Leadership Academy
- Tragedy in Santa Barbara underlines need for feminism
RECENT THE NICHOLLS WORTH CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Erase Strokes From Your Golf Game -- No Pencil Required
- Boomers Find Reason to Celebrate With Vacations
- Shave Strokes off Your Golf Game -- Without the Eraser
- Stay Cool With a Ceiling Fan as Stylish as It Is Functional
- Have a Blast With the Family This Summer, but Stay Safe
- Chiropractic Careers Are on the Rise
- Choosing the Right Home Health Care Agency
- Pop the Champagne Diamond for Your Seasonal Fashion...
- Managing Pain: Are You Reading Your Medicine Labels?
- Does Your Garbage Want to Be Recycled?